In modern decoration, many people like to choose to use […]
In modern decoration, many people like to choose to use glass to decorate the doors and windows of the home. But is plexiglass similar to ordinary glass? In fact, this is not the case, so what is the difference between plexiglass and ordinary glass?
Glass also has inorganic and organic points, which has caused some troubles for consumers. In the end, is the choice of plexiglass doors at home? Or choose a common glass door? How do you compare plexiglass with ordinary glass?
The raw material of the plexiglass door is plexiglass, and the plexiglass is a polymer transparent material. Its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate, generally referred to as PMMA or acrylic, which is formed by polymerization of methyl methacrylate. Has many features that ordinary glass does not have, such as:
1. Aesthetics: The appearance of the plexiglass door is mirror-like, no seams, no wrinkles, exquisite craftsmanship, rich colors and beautiful appearance.
2. light transmission: plexiglass light transmission is very good, after testing its light transmittance to get 96%, and the light projected will be softer.
3. Impact resistance: The impact resistance of plexiglass is more than 200 times that of ordinary glass. It is not a particularly strong external force, and there is basically no problem of fracture and fracture, and the safety is high.
4. long life: plexiglass can ensure that it will not fade after a long time of use, and the quality of the plate has a long service life of 6-13 years.
5. Flame resistance: As a decoration product for building decoration, fire resistance is a must, and plexiglass has good flame resistance, no spontaneous combustion, and even self-extinguishing.
Ordinary glass is more exposed, it is a relatively transparent solid material, the main component is silica, is a silicate non-metallic material. The ordinary glass of the flat plate has the properties of light transmission, sound insulation, heat insulation, wear resistance, heat preservation, heat absorption, radiation protection, etc., and is widely used for making doors, windows, walls and interior decoration of buildings and the like.
However, with the appearance of better and better quality plexiglass with higher safety, there are fewer and fewer ordinary glass doors, but there are still many people who choose ordinary glass materials for windows.